What was the aftermath of the gay marriages in Australia? straight people didn’t become gay, nor were the divorce rates, adultery, abortions increased. It was always a non-issue hyped up by the Christian Right to make a “moral” stance. But the moral stance was based on self-righteousness, and not on the bible.
- There was no prohibition of gay sex in the Ten Commandments.
- The mentioned of it in the wider text of the Torah was related as an abomination of practices related to the pagan worship of baal where straight people would have anal sex with the temple priests, to join themselves with the demonic deity.
- Christians has never followed the Torah, which was officially disassociated as a required practice from the entire church since the Council of Jerusalem in AD50 even though the first church was a mix of Gentiles and Jews.
- The bible is a testimony of the “Heterosexual Lifestyle” with men having multiple wives, affairs and hundreds of concubines. There is no one clear instance where there is two gay men attracted to each other and having sex, and this was condemned. What is mentioned in the bible is abominations which is always tied to worship of demonic gods and their practices.
- The Romans had their public worship of Pagan God Cybele filled with man having sex with man, and with the priest castrated hence becoming a woman. It was no same sex relationship which Paul was condeming rather blatant pagan worship not much different from the Jews worshipping Baal. Everything was in public.
- The bible is a testimony of “heterosexual lifestyle” of adultery, concubines, one man to dozens of wives rather than gays.